CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 09, 2010

My attempt to Pay-it-forward in the new year

Was a complete failure.

I was at WINCO last night grabbing some quick items and as I was leaving there was a woman sitting outside the store and she asked me for spare change and looked a little worn down or even homeless. I told her that I would like to buy her some dinner at the little pizza joint inside the store if she was hungry. She said all she needed was a few dollars. I apologized to her and started to walk away. She wanted to know why she could not have the money if I had cash to buy her dinner... WTH? She seemed disgusted at the fact I was not just going to give her cash (which I am sure was going to go support some nasty, stupid habit) Where and how did my generosity get all twisted?

No comments:

Post a Comment