CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Train for Autism

Well, Dave and I are both doing the runs at Huntington Beach for the Surf City 1/2 marathon in Feb.  I wussed out of the 1/2 marathon because I knew I could not train enough in time without getting hurt and I already have a long standing knee injury as it is.  So... I am doing the measly 1 mile run and I am still going to support Autism and of course my husband.  We are making a day of it and going down to meet some new potential friends and spend the night down there to prep for the race Sunday.  Wanna donate? Click HERE.  Dave only needs $87 more dollars to meet his goal.  I need a tons more too, but I have been trying to recruit people for his page because he'll get his $100 reimbursed for the race of he get $500 in donations. 

I have been jogging several times a week since the first of January.  I am up to a good 2 mile run 5 mile walk/run and have lost 10lbs, so I am happy.  Working on building it up to a full 1/2 marathon also and losing an additional 20lbs by June.  Wish me luck.  I am doing the MUD Run and a 5K run in June of this year.  i am looking forward to them. I am really enjoying running and hoping my knee holds out another year until I can have surgery on it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment