CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Trial and Error...

So, I have now had this camera for a year. I am still shooting in auto 99.9% of the time. I admit, I ‘m a complete chicken when it comes to learning new things and I am terrified to have the camera around the kids and I just can’t seem to take the time to learn it. So one of my New Year’s Resolutions is to learn how to really utilize what this camera is capable of.


Tonight, I decided to try something beside auto and used both the manual and aperture priority settings. I didn’t do much. Just a few pictures of the girls using the 50MM lens. Now, if I can just learn Photoshop and not be intimidated by it, I could probably have some decent looking pictures.

Here are a few from tonight:



















We had edible playdoh (which I highly recommend trying out long before dinner). I let them do this playdoh activity about 3pm, and at 6pm they would not touch their chicken nuggets or french fries. What kid doesn’t love both those? Anyhow, I guess they’d had enough sugar from the peanut butter playdoh and toppings, they decided dinner was not necessary. Betcha they are all 3 starving come breakfast time in the morning.

Bathtime tonight:

 



Audrie gets my HIGH FIVE for the day: She is finally riding a tricycle. Yay... Go Audrie.

Halle gets a SHOUT OUT for cleaning and vacuuming the downstairs without a fuss. Of course I did bribe her with watching her favorite show called I-carly… but hey, whatever works-right!!!

Katlynn gets my BRAGGING RIGHTS.  She is saying so many new words lately and it is so cute.  Even if she is imitating or being prompted, I don't care... as long as they are coming out.  It makes me giddy to know she is progressing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment