CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Couples Retreat to Mammoth

So we had our version of couples retreat to the snow this past weekend. Dave and I went with 2 other couples to Mammoth, Ca. It snowed on us practically all weekend, but it was fun.




Friday we started off a half day of snowboarding. Just trying to pick up where I left off with lessons. The snow is quite different then Mt. high. It was all powder and a lot of it wasn’t even groomed. This is Ski/snowboard lingo if you don’t understand feel free to google it. We sat in the hot tub while it was snowing, but it was actually very nice.




Saturday we went up early and spent most of the day snowboarding. I know I was ready, but could not bring myself to get off the bunny/beginner slopes and Dave finally convinced me and boy was I pissed once we got going. This is a huge difference in the grade of the slope and length. I was not mentally prepared and I was cussing Dave left and right. I ate crap one time and that about did it for me. I was about to say, “screw this” and walk the rest of the way down. Thankfully, I have a very patient and loving hubby who convinced me I could do it and I did make it the rest of the way down safe and with no falls. Couple snowball fights here and there and then us girls called it a day. The guys went back up to black diamond runs and we hit up a bar for some shots and hot coco with peppermint schnapps. It hit the spot. We played Balderdash and Therapy (god knows we all need it).


Sunday we went snowmobiling. It was pretty fun. Unfortunately, we had to follow a 20MPH speed limit which sucked big time. Of course it would not be normal if I didn’t do something stupid. So I felt it was most important that I flip my snowmobile in it side not 1, but 2 times. Luckily, I didn’t get crushed underneath it.




Overall it was a great weekend, even with the snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment