CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 26, 2010

my love for laundry...NOT!

Laundry is a term most domestic housewives love and a word most real women HATE. I have 3 little people in my house (and 2 big ones, but I can assure you and I not a frilly queen or a clothes whore who changes 5x a day), yet they managed to build mounds of laundry that could probably reach the ceiling in accumulated into one space. How is this possible? I do not wish to have Mt. Everest in my house or standing tall in front of my washing machine.


I feel as though I never catch up. Yeah I know that is a cliché thing to say coming from a mom of several kids, but it’s true. If you think about what a huge task it is… it just sucks. I allow my kids to be kids. I don’t have them wear bibs anymore and I don’t stress about clothes getting dirty and I pretty much let them wear anything on any given day. Life’s too short and if you get “that” Easter dress specifically for Easter and they wear it that one time, what’s the point? This is coming from a mom who used to have Laundry OCD and a very serious case. Just ask my husband. I was the laundry police. Everything was perfectly sorted, pre treated and most thing hung dried. I am serious. I was incredibly anal about what the kids wore and when and about them getting dirty. Bibs were a must and grass was not allowed. Then, I got a reality check and just became a mom. A more fun, go with the flow mom. We’ll thank my mellow and chill husband for that.

I still find myself cringing at the thought of clothes being dried that “ I” didn’t want to dry or that a towel was not washed with the sheets, but now a days, I am just happy when I can see the bottom of my laundry room floor.

I hate laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment