CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Confessions of naughty 4 year olds....

one of my New Year Resolutions is to get this house in an order where things flow and function smoothly and get rid of clutter and mess and ORGANIZE.  So I spent the morning with a girlfriend at Ikea while the kids played in the play area and I picked up a great little shelf thing.  Well, not really little, but you know what I mean.  Anyhow, I was going to put it together last night, but I decided I am too much of a sissy and I would let Dave help.  So we got it put together pretty quick and in less then 2 hours, 2 FRICKEN hours... I noticed this:


Yup... big 'ol chip right in the middle and very noticeable.  I have yet to decide if I am going to take it back.  For now, I just flipped it around and it's all good.  Of course no one wanted to admit who's fault it was or who did what.  I proceeded to let them know (without totally going ballistic on them) that I was very unhappy and sad that they did not treat our new shelf better. I said I wanted an apology in person and in a letter.  Audrie wrote me one on behalf of her and Katlynn.

Per Audrie it says: 
"Mom, I am sorry for breaking your shelf"

She let me know the little erased part at the top of the shelf was the chip.  lol.. I couldn't stay mad after all my 4 year old wrote her first letter sounding out words and even drew a detailed picture of the accident. She so smart and witty.  I Just love my kids.

Oh, and after watching a show about a girl who collected shoes in place of birthday gifts for kids in shelters, Halle decided she wanted to help out the Animal shelter on her birthday this year... so I am going to try to plan something cute for her to be able to do this and pay it forward.  

Hope you're having a great day!
~~~I'm out~~~  

No comments:

Post a Comment